It provides a clear analysis of the process of integration from the Treaty of Rome to the Maastricht Treaty and beyond. Key issues covered include:
* the theory of economic integration
* policies to create a single market
* the role of European Community institutions
* policies to guarantee and promote market competition
* policies of industrial development and innovation
Industrial Policies of Economic Integration develops a new range of policies, aimed at allowing a new common market to enter the global marketplace effectively.
This volume will be essential reading for students of European economics and policy makers interested in economic integration.
Industrial Policies and Economic Integration. Learning from European Experiences, Routledge, London, pp. 1-240, 1998